Tuesday 20 January 2009

Art is Everywhere

I see beauty in things.
The peeling paint, of an old garage door
moved me with its artistic splendour.
A work of art, created by the wind, the sun, the rain.
The scuffs and knocks of passing life,
had created wonderful delicate colours and forms.
Beautiful contrasts, as layers of paint
had bubbled and peeled back,
to show long forgotten layers beneath.
Human hands could not have reproduced this masterpiece.
For this was a canvas, on which
time had signed its name.

Copyright © SB 2008

2 comments:

be not blind said...

I'm not stalking you. :) I'm just glad I found your blog. I Keep coming back. This stuck out:

Beautiful contrasts as layers of paint
had bubbled and peeled back,
to show long forgotten layers beneath.

Susannah said...

Hi be not - I really appreciate you taking the time to read my words and leave a comment - thank you. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...