Saturday 9 July 2011

and the endless now keeps moving

(1)

The gentle yellow day
with its smoke smudged clouds
curls around the hours
like a sleeping cat

and still the time passes
ticking gently into forever
while I surf this great wave
that is my part of the ride

and the endless now keeps moving. . .

moment upon moment
thought upon thought
life upon life


(2)

I do not want to be a lake. . .
even a calm one, with endless depths
and mirror flat surface that reflects the sky.
I do not want to be contained within boundaries
slapping up against the confines of the earth.

I want to be a waterfall. . .
so the rushing, gushing, river of me
can run off the edge of a cliff
and fall endlessly, joyously
down through the sparkling air.

I want to be a fast flowing river
on its way back to the ocean.


© Susannah Bec 2011

15 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, I love it. Life as a river, or a waterfall........cool! Then , at my stage of life, I must be a puddle that is swiftly evaporating, hee hee.

Susannah said...

:-) Thanks Sherry for making me smile, (and for your comment of course!) x

Jeff said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog--it encouraged me, and also led me here! Very nice work, especially that first stanza. Perfect match of word and image.

Timoteo said...

And indeed you are!

Susannah said...

Nico, it is good to see you here, thanks for the visit and the comment. Much appreciated. :-)

Susannah said...

Timoteo, yes indeed. :-)

Good to see you.

kaykuala said...

Susannah,
Yes, we want to move fast and keep moving. Very good read!

Unknown said...

Oooh, Susannah, I don't know which one I like better because you've conveyed truth and gusto and excitement and elan. Terrific!

Susannah said...

Thanks kaykuala. :-)

Susannah said...

Kim, thank you very much. :-)

Good to see you. x

mareymercy said...

Lots of nice lines here: "smoke smudged clouds" and "slapping up against the confines of the earth" are two of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

You capture the essence of life very well in this two part poem. I particularly love the first section, the feeling of slowness, yet the inevitable movement.

Rajesh said...

Sue, the waterfall imagery is a mind blowing thunder :) I am loving it :)loving it :)

Anonymous said...

There's a beautiful flow to this poem.. :) // Peter.

Susannah said...

Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments. :-)

It is good to see you here. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...