Saturday 4 February 2012

When Darkness Come Again . . .

Spread your whispering story.

Those glittering shards that sing
of instinct and fine urges.

Scatter some of your charm
upon this ashen soul.

Scald me with your joy.

Let me steal from you
the knack of carrying light.

So that when the darkness comes again,
to pour its inky stains and crush my violet hope.

I can shout out to my sisters

and with their hair streaming
and wild voices splitting the air.

They will coming running.

Whooping and hollering
and dancing in circles.

Until all of the shadows are gone.

8 comments:

Martin said...

I simply love it : )

Cynthia said...

A resounding YES to the call to kindred sisters with "their hair streaming and wild voices splitting the air" to dance the shadows away. A beautiful poem Susannah !

Susannah said...

Thanks very much both of you. x

Christine said...

this gave me shivers, nice write

Susannah said...

Thanks Christone, it is good to see you. x

Rajesh said...

Mystique and violence.. hand in hand ?

Renee said...

Beautifully written, Susannah. I really like 'wild voices splitting the air'. Words like music.

Susannah said...

Rajesh and Renee, it is always good to see you both here. Thank you. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...