Sunday 14 March 2010

Revisited - Tiny Green Shoots

Waking dreams
t r i c k l e
down my spine
I shiver in anticipation
as the light grows around me

It makes no sense
my intellect can not hold
this slippery thing that slides
away from my grasping mind.

My heart welcomes the onslaught
open - willing - filled to the brim

my cup
o v e r f l o w s

and I spill myself

soaking into the rich red earth

I water the seeds
scattered so long ago.

One by one
tiny green shoots
break the ground around my feet
quickly spiralling upward toward the encompassing light.


- Susannah Bec 2010

4 comments:

Maram al-Masri said...

wonderful poem...

Susannah said...

Thank you very much Maram. :-)

Lauren said...

There are many powerful lines in this poem.

Also, your blog's layout is serene and beautiful :)

Susannah said...

Thanks Lauren and I am glad you like the layout and design, I recently designed and uploaded the new header/logo etc. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...